The Aviation cocktail was created in the early twentieth century by Hugo Ensslin, head bartender of the Hotel Wallick in New York, and first appeared in his Recipes for Mixed Drinks in 1916. We are delighted to share our favourite recipe here to brighten up the weekend isolation.
- 45 ml gin (1½ oz.)
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice (½ oz.)
- 15 ml maraschino liqueur (½ oz.)
- 7.5 ml crème de violette (¼ oz.)
- Lemon peel or maraschino cherry as a garnish
YOU WILL NEED:
- Cocktail shaker
- Coupe glass
1. Add the gin, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur and crème de violette to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake.
2. Strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a lemon peel or dip in a maraschino cherry as a garnish.